Sep 18, 2008

The Beginning

So today is the day. I've been saying I'll start, soon. And years have gone by.
Today is a day of many beginnings, but more on that at a later time.
Here, I hope to capture a slice of our lives together, my family and me. A place when our kiddos are older they can reference reality of daily life, as I see it. And perhaps see things weren't so odd.
Thanks to my dear fabulous husband for encouraging me to just do it and write. I love you. Not you - but him, he rocks.
I am a wife, a mama to two terrific kiddos, a home-schooler trying to figure it out, an aspiring midwife apprentice, a cook, a friend, a sister, an aunt and a daughter. I'm a woman on a mission. The thing is, I haven't figured out what my mission is. There are so many to choose from.

One of my goals for this year was to try new things. One of the things that I most recently tried was making jam. Peach jam to be exact. I (with the help of my husband and kids) have put up 32pints and 12quarts of jam. We are all loving eating what we made. Such a great feeling. I want to do more preserving of one kind or another. This here blog would be another new thing ( and a way of preserving, too). I have really loved finding the world of wonderful blogs, I just discovered them this year. Yeah, I know I'm a late bloomer. But my computer skills are much past a comodor 64(sp?) or floppy discs. So I guess that will be added to my list of trying new things, gaining computer skills.
I'll share more as I go along.

And now soccer practice calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you have done it, joined the bloggy world. Looking forward to reading more.
Kat